|GARMIN Montana 700/700i/750i Firmware Upgrades
The following lists of changes are based on information provided by GARMIN. Changes or improvements which we consider important or especially useful are shown highlighted.
To view the current firmware version, complete the following steps:
- Turn on the GPS.
- Open the main menu by touching the home symbol (house icon at the bottom left).
- Touch "Setup".
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list and touch "About".
- The software version will be shown on the first line, the unit ID on the second line, followed by other information.
Each upgrade replaces the complete firmware in the GPS, which means you need to install only the version you wish to apply. There is no need to install any previous versions.
Changes made from version 10.80 to 10.90:
- Fixed possible issues with expedition mode.
Firmware Upgrade V10.90 (Connect your device with your Wi-Fi or use GARMIN Express or Web-Updater to install the latest firmware)
Changes made from version 10.50 to 10.80:
- Added timeout to on/off course alerts.
- Improved responsiveness on the Active Route page.
- Fixed issues searching for address numbers with more than 6 characters.
- Fixed possible shutdown when downloading Birdseye Direct images.
- Fixed possible shutdown when creating a Round-Trip Route.
- Fixed possible error message when adding a via point to a route.
- Fixed issues drawing icons in Marine maps.
- Fixed issues where off course alerts would not dismiss properly.
Changes made from version 9.20 to 10.50:
- Added support for creating courses. Courses can be navigated point to point like a track, or using map data like a route.
- Added support for syncing courses with Garmin Explore. Requires updated Garmin Explore app.
- Added ability to convert routes and tracks to courses.
- Added ability to pair to Garmin Explore without first pairing to GARMIN Connect Mobile (GCM). Requires updated Garmin Explore app.
- Added option to search for POIs near a selected city.
- Added on course and off course alerts to track navigation.
- Improved calorie calculations when driving.
- Improved GPS performance at low speeds.
- Fixed issues using Garmin Express to manage maps on the device.
- Fixed possible shutdown in save track portion.
- Fixed possible invalid elevation in inReach message details.
- Fixed issue selecting the first point on the active route page.
- Fixed pressure labels for hectopascals.
- Fixed possible issues with live geocache lists.
- Fixed volume jumping on the music controls page.
- Fixed menu button on the music controls page.
- Fixed screen lock when backlight is at 0.
- Fixed possible issue with missing track stats in GPX files.
- Fixed issue where archived tracks could not be deleted.
- Fixed issue with LiveTrack data not being sent correctly.
- Fixed issue with preview pressure.
- Fixed recording with expedition mode when auto-start is off.
- Fixed black track color on track review page in night mode.
Changes made from version 8.40 to 9.20:
- Added CIQ 3.2 support.
- Added missing Arabic keyboard character.
- Added proximity alert tones when using Bluetooth headset.
- Fixed potential issue where device could not open files.
- Fixed potential issue with route calculations.
- Fixed potential shutdown when selecting a recorded activity.
- Fixed potential map flashing when mounted on a motorcycle.
- Fixed potential issue where distance to a waypoint on the map is incorrect.
- Fixed issue where elapsed time is incorrect after saving an activity.
- Fixed issue where some POIs would not appear on the Where To page.
Changes made from version 8.30 to 8.40:
- Added inReach message interval and message settings to profiles.
- Improved draw times on list pages.
- Fixed possible issues with Explore sync.
- Fixed possible shutdown during BirdsEye Direct downloads.
- Fixed prompted data reset when clearing a track.
- Fixed missing Arabic characters.
- Fixed possible issues starting recording if inReach is not activated.
- Fixed layout issue on active route page.
- Fixed possible panning issue on altimeter page.
- Fixed possible issues launching current activity page from recording history page.
- Fixed possible issue with missing start time data in recorded activities.
- Fixed possible issue with incorrect track distances when using expedition mode.
- Fixed possible shutdown using inReach remote.
Changes made from version 8.20 to 8.30:
- Fixed possible issue downloading content from ConnectIQ apps.
Changes made from version 7.10 to 8.20:
- Improved geocaching dashboard UI.
- Improved track manager page UI.
- Added custom map set feature that allows users to quickly enable/disable custom-defined groups of maps.
- Added activity paused icon to the status bar.
- Added popularity map as a selectable theme to the map page on the map toggle popup.
- Added popularity routing setting located in the routing settings.
- Fixed potential shutdown issue when syncing Geocache Live data.
- Fixed issue with weather forecast potentially showing the incorrect location.
- Fixed issue when searching via postal code.
- Fixed missing Arabic, Farsi, and Polish characters on the keyboard.
- Fixed issue when displaying three-digit speed limit signs.
- Fixed issue when updating TOPO Active maps in Garmin Express.
- Fixed issue where the weather location list would display duplicate locations.
- Fixed issue with geocache proximity alarms.
- Fixed tracking issue in expedition mode.
- Fixed issue when trying to connect to a hidden SSID network.
- Fixed issue when trying to connect to a password protected network.
- Fixed RINEX logging.
Changes made from version 6.40 to 7.10:
- Added support for starting navigation from the Explore app.
- Added support for composing a message to an address received in an inReach text message (Montana 700i and 750i).
- Added German sharp ß (eszett) as a hold key option for lower case s on the keyboard.
- Added ability to disable barometer.
- Added the ability to sort tracks in the track manager by whether or not they are shown on the map.
- Improved data sizing of large data fields.
- Fixed issue where weather map would not center on currently active location.
- Fixed issue with highlight when selecting a track to review.
- Fixed issues that could occur when adding new weather locations.
- Fixed issue with warning message when minimum ascent routing type is selected but not supported by current maps.
- Fixed issue that could occur when Virb Remote is set as a favorite.
- Fixed issue with compass heading setting not persisting though a power down.
- Fixed issue with setting of Virb Remote camera settings.
- Fixed issue causing inconsistent round trip routing distance estimates.
- Fixed issue with custom waypoint symbol drawing.
Changes made from version 5.30 to 6.40:
- Added a lock icon on confirmation pages to clarify auto-lock status.
- Added configurable fields on the corners of the map page.
- Added a 'note' option for logging geocaches.
- Added the ability for the measure distance function to start at any point.
- Added Rain mode to Touch Sensitivity settings.
- Added custom patterned lines for other road types.
- Added wifi icon flash on status page/status bar when wifi is enabled but not connected.
- Improved map drawing times.
- Improved filename time formats.
- Improved inReach activation prompts.
- Improved swiping on the status page.
- Fixed issue with the wifi status not updating.
- Fixed issue with 'track up' and 'north up' map orientations.
- Fixed issue with manual route transitions.
- Fixed issue with the tabs/status bar flashing on the geocache page.
- Fixed issue with zoom levels on round trip routing pages.
- Fixed issue with getting a false max number of photos exceeded message.
- Fixed issue with Explore sync and map settings.
- Fixed display issue with CIQ apps and widgets in landscape orientation.
- Fixed issue with auto-zoom on the weather map.
- Fixed issue with copy-as-reversed fit activity stats.
- Fixed issue with truncation of a data field on the trip computer page.
- Fixed issue with mounting SD cards formatted on Mac computers.
- Fixed possible shutdowns when using Birdseye imagery.
- Fixed Express sync errors due to empty current activity file.
- Fixed 'off road' label for routes that were not off road.
- Fixed issues with geocaches not showing up when attempting to program a chirp.
- Fixed issues with truncated translations.
- Fixed issue with overlapping text in the geocache info box.
- Fixed issue with the 'Go' button not appearing on some routes.
- Fixed issue with geocache filters turning back on automatically.
- Fixed a potential for a shutdown on the map page.
- Fixed issue with adding Via points.
- Fixed issue with flashing in the photo viewer.
- Fixed issue with potential shutdowns when navigating tracks.
- Fixed display issue with lock icon not showing up on secure wifi networks in night mode.
- Fixed an issue that could lead to a shutdown when sorting photos by date in photo viewer.
- Fixed issue with geocache proximity alarm causing slow start up times with .ggz files loaded.
- Fixed issue with slow start up after deleting .ggz files.
- Fixed issue with the widget page indicators occasionally blinking on the status page.
- Fixed issue with text alignment for inReach messages.
- Fixed issue where touchscreen firmware could fail to load. Firmware will continue to load without needing user input on the next power cycle.
Changes made from version 4.20 to 5.30:
- Added persistence of Units settings within profiles.
- Improved map movement when auto zooming and moving while navigating.
- Fixed various translation issues.
- Fixed issue with map drag when starting drag in a dashboard.
- Fixed issues with hourly temperature display in Active Weather.
- Fixed issues with position format setting string precision.
- Fixed issue with geocache log length restriction in keyboard.
- Fixed issue with display of ETE data fields on trip computer.
- Fixed issue with 'send' button when programming a chirp and sending a geocache.
- Fixed potential time zone issue when selecting a day in the Calendar.
- Fixed issue with Explore Waypoints having incorrect times.
- Fixed issue with night time speed limits showing incorrectly.
- Fixed issue where destination would incorrectly change if switching routing calculation method while direct routing.
- Fixed issue where invalid characters where being allowed in Activity names.
- Fixed issue with Bluetooth pairing for some iPhone models.
Changes made from version 3.10 to 4.20:
- Added Collections Manager.
- Added confirmation prompt to 'Reposition Here' for a waypoint in waypoint manager.
- Added red led blink when battery is low.
- Added page indicator to trip computer when trip computer has more than one page of data fields.
- Added support for the additional waypoints part of a geocache to be downloaded via geocaching live.
- Added geocache proximity alerts.
- Added battery percentage to the status bar.
- Improved birdseye download speed and speed estimates.
- Improved inReach contact selection indication.
- Improved keyboard to auto-shift after newline is entered.
- Improved ability to touch north arrow on map.
- Improved mark waypoint page.
- Fixed various translation issues.
- Fixed page flow issue after exiting wifi page after having accessed it via the status page.
- Fixed issue with 'View Map' from the route planner elevation plot.
- Fixed issue causing duplicate birdseye downloads to show up in the birdseye list.
- Fixed issues with automatic wifi toggling on flashlight page.
- Fixed issue with map zoom level resetting after having accessed active weather from the status page.
- Fixed geocache name and icon overlap in geocache dashboard.
- Fixed tide chart UI issues.
- Fixed issue where power button would initiate navigation when viewing Chirp information.
- Fixed label centering on keyboard.
- Fixed issues with photo viewer.
- Initial release.
||Very rugged, portable, multi-functional GPS devices with excellent, extra large color display featuring multi-touch. Highly suited as hand held devices and as navigation devices in vehicles. Fast switching between different user interfaces and operation modes through adjustable profiles, shortcuts and dashboards. Built-in base map and pre-installed map TopoActive Europe which supports auto-routing. Electronic 3D compass, barometrical altimeter, optional heart rate
and cadence sensor, support for WiFi, Geocaching Live, Active Weather, Connect IQ, Live Tracking, USB interface, slot for optional µSD memory card, auto-routing and round-trip calculation, see detailed description.