|GARMIN epix Firmware Upgrades
The following lists of changes are based on information provided by GARMIN. Changes or improvements which we consider important or especially useful are shown highlighted.
To view the current firmware version, complete the following steps:
- Turn on the GPS
- Press and hold the UP button
- Select "Settings" (press the START/STOP button)
- Select "System" (press the UP button and then the START/STOP button)
- Select "About" (press the UP button and then the START/STOP button)
- The watch displays the Unit ID and the software version (press the BACK/LAP button to go back)
Each upgrade replaces the complete firmware in the GPS, which means you need to install only the version you wish to apply. There is no need to install any previous versions.
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.40:
- Fixed issue with activity data field setup drawing the incorrect data field layout.
- Fixed issue with invalid elevation data being shown for map points with no known elevation data.
- Fixed issue with the screen unlocking during activities and after when lock screen was set.
- Fixed issues with alarm snooze not working.
- Fixed possible crash when too many Connect IQ data fields are installed.
Firmware Upgrade V3.40 (Use the Web-Updater to install this version)
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.20:
- Fixed a potential lockup when saving or discarding an activity.
Firmware Upgrade V3.20 (Use the Web-Updater to install this version)
Changes made from version 2.90 to 3.10:
- Added Ascent and Descent elevation alerts (Settings > Apps > Alerts > Elevation).
- Added support for on device course creation (Navigation > Courses). New data fields such as next waypoint, distance to next waypoint, ETA to next waypoint, ETE to next waypoint etc. were introduced in conjunction with this feature.
- Added ability to configure the map detail level. Reduce map detail level to improve map drawing speeds (Settings > Map > Detail).
- Added support for Connect IQ SDK 1.2.1.
- Fixed issue with storm alerts.
- Fixed issue with foot pod dropping as speed or distance source.
Firmware Upgrade V3.10 (Use the Web-Updater to install this version)
Changes made from version 2.80 to 2.90:
- Added ability to configure foot pod speed and distance (Settings > Sensors > Foot Pod).
- Added the option to configure the navigation heading bug (Settings > Navigation > Heading Bug).
- Added support for editing altitude and position for Saved Locations (Navigation > Saved Locations).
- Added setting to control Bluetooth connection alerts (Settings > Bluetooth > Alerts).
- Added support for Connect IQ SDK 1.1.4.
- Improved low battery notifications.
- Fixed issue with navigation persisting after saving/discarding an activity.
- Fixed issue with altimeter not working properly outside of activities.
Firmware Upgrade V2.90 (Use the Web-Updater to install this version)
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Added Course navigation mode (Settings > Navigation > Type). An HSI Compass will be utilized on the Guide data page when navigating in this mode.
- Added support for Smart Notification Actions (interact with the incoming notifications directly from the pop-up or within the Notifications widget, e.g. clear a message or reject an incoming call).
- Added support for trails found in ActiveRouting cartography.
- Added magnetic variation compass setting ( Settings > Sensors > Compass > North Ref. > User).
- Improved support of edited locations from BaseCamp.
- Improved city spell search.
- Improved pace in UltraTrac.
- Improved map drawing performance for long activities and courses.
- Improved track log for open water swim activities.
- Fixed potential issue when loading large custom map files.
- Fixed a potential issue with navigating courses.
- Fixed an issue with utilizing the setting for Swim Stroke Type Detection.
- Fixed issues with Hide/Show Track Log and Hide/Show User Locations map settings.
Firmware Upgrade V2.80 (Use the Web-Updater to install this version)
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.70:
- Added support for HRM-Tri and HRM-Swim.
- Added a heading dot indicator to data pages when in navigation mode.
- Added support for 'Auto' backlight mode (options are now available to configure backlight separately for keys, alerts and gestures: Settings > System > Backlight).
- Added support for Walking sport type (Settings > Apps > Add New).
- Added support for configuring LAP key behavior (Settings > Apps).
- Added ability to delete all locations on device (Navigation > Saved Locations > UP (to get to bottom of list) > Delete All).
- Added Back to Start option for straight-line navigation back to activity start.
- Added Hot Keys press-and-hold START and BACK key customization (Settings > System > Hot Keys).
- Improved ascent and descent calculations.
- Fixed lap banner times for activities longer than one hour.
- Fixed issue with display of 3 digit speeds on ski data pages.
- Fixed issue with saving of lap ascent values.
- Fixed potential issue with steps being lost during an activity.
Firmware Upgrade V2.70 (Use the Web-Updater to install this version)
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Added power alerts setup (Settings > Apps > Select Biking App > Alerts > Add New > Power).
- Added 'Find My Phone' app (found at the bottom of the app list).
- Added Foot Pod auto calibration support.
- Improved Connect IQ download experience via Garmin Connect Mobile.
- Fixed potential issue with 'Resume Later' app option.
- Fixed issues with metronome.
Firmware Upgrade V2.50 (Use the Web-Updater to install this version)
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Improved GPS tracking performance (Requires GPS Software 2.90. Note: after applying GPS software updates, for best results please allow the device to track GPS signals continuously for 10 to 15 minutes. This one-time process will allow the device to re-accumulate satellite information lost in the update process).
- Improved GPS distance accumulation (requires GPS Software 2.90).
- Added support for Connect IQ SDK 1.1.3.
Firmware Upgrade V2.40 (Use the Web-Updater to install this version)
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Added support for Connect IQ SDK 1.1.2.
- Improved Connect IQ experience and stability.
Firmware Upgrade V2.30 (Use the Web-Updater to install this version)
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:
- Improved drill log page.
- Fixed issue with recovery time not displaying correctly.
- Fixed issue with LiveTrack.
- Fixed issue with showing courses on the map page.
- Fixed potential shutdown during a workout activity.
Firmware Upgrade V2.20 (Use the Web-Updater to install this version)
||Small wrist top GPS device with easy to read color display. Shows maps. Suitable for runners, bikers, swimmers, winter sports enthusiasts and for many other outdoor activities. Barometrical altimeter, electronic compass, data exchange via BlueTooth or USB cradle, supports LiveTracking. Faster and more precise position tracking thanks to additional support for GLONASS satellites, see detailed description.